The way it started I'm not even sure, I was more of a watcher this go around.
He was a man, probably looked something like the doctor and we were rescuing people from 'them'. We were like pilgrims from the future on the run from alien attack. They were weird, sort of like big dogs with rough core plating and whiskers. Like something out of Avitar. When he and I, and our team jumped back and forth from our time to theirs, and from their time to our own; we kept an eye on the people. We kept them in a series of connected bubble-tents, and they were ready to run.
You could almost hear them, coming up over the hill on the far side, so I strode up to the last remaining building, a large ware-house type, and I swung open the door. It was quite clear, an old Once-Upon-A-Child (like a goodwill for kids). As soon as I had the door open they made a run for it, all cramming inside an rushing after me. Our hemstress (woman who sews things, like a seamstress) was absolutely amazed, she had never seen anything like it before at all.
She appeared as though she may have a heart attack she was so enthralled, there were beautiful dresses on the first few racks, and on the walls, and on the left there was sports wear. The dresses were gorgeous, one was green with black lace, they were color-organized and had sparkles, some were silk and some touched the floor. Looking around, the building I could tell it was getting dark outside from the shades of grey through the windows close to the ceiling.
At one point I flashed back to climbing into the tunnels back in their time to lead these people to safety. They were fast, but on adrenalin we made it, but without the laser guns and preparation for our big move we probably wouldn't have.
Everything was on a rack in the Ouac building, there was clothing neatly-organized everywhere. The hemstress was panicking because she didn't know where to hang the knickers she'd been sewing. Despite my rolling of eyes, I went with a few other people to hunt down some empty racks. Getting them apart was a pain though, since they are the rolling kind and made of steel.
While we were in the back of the building I noticed a door that seemed to lead into an office. I wanted to turn on the lights but I kept forgetting we couldn't because in their time, these pilgrims had no "over head light" plus the invaders.
I did get that door open though even though I waited until morning to go in. It was some woman's office (she had a striking resemblance to Martha Stewart, not to mention her office was in spick condition. The whole office had a "dark side of buzz lightyear" future feel to it. Even the laptop computer had little orange pads for keys and a mouse. She and I discussed something about protection but I cant say for sure.
Later in the morning I was showing a group of teens around, me and two or three girls and two boys. I was trying to explain to them the concept of a t-shirt. The girl had a really cool shirt on actually, it was pumpkin orange and when she turned you could see the Bolraug on it. She was in a bad mood though, I think it was because one of the guys made her put the shirt on (obviously for science) there fore she was huffy.
I miss the aisles and aisles of neat-looking clothes, as I was walking about explaining things to the pilgrims we encountered an oriental type section with some odd uniforms, and symbols. It was like a robe-tunic thing with a black-gold embossed symbol on the front. There were several different patterns, all hanging on a blanket rack. As soon as the Pilgrims saw them they began wailing and moaning about being attacked by vikings. They cried about loosing a beloved comrad and a great warrior, complete with a flashback of him fighting valiantly and then laying arms crossed while they burned the body. My dream was sad for them, as bright reality flashed me back to real life.
I hate it when someone turns the light on while I'm sleeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment